Good morning everyone! I was browsing through #MSWL on Twitter and there are a lot of agent requests going on. Head on over to see what’s up!
I will be making my son these cheesecake bars. They might not make it to him in one piece!
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packets cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put 1 cup of the mixture aside for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into an 8x8x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Thoroughly beat in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread over the baked crust and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 16 squares; serve.
Carina Press is holding a submission call. Please check out the link below for details:
Good morning! This past weekend my husband and I went to a wedding in Harrison Mills, BC. A beautiful little retreat on the Sandpiper golf course called Rowena’s Inn on the River. Isn’t it gorgeous? I believe this location would be a great place for some quality writing. What do you think? That view is quite inspiring.
Happy Canada Day everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Here’s a great YouTube link showing Kamloops awesome fireworks show. Enjoy! Psst… the last 2 minutes were the BEST!
My current manuscript deals with an important theme, one that so many people, young and old, go through every day – bullying. Mild or severe, all forms are hurtful and can lead to depression, anxiety or worse.
My heroine was bullied most of her childhood. When she started university she found solace in a man and their friendship made all those years melt away… until he betrayed her. Now five years later, they are working together in an industry where she has to deal with bullying again and try and find it in herself to forgive him.
Has bullying affected you or anyone you care about?
Here is a great link to read about bullying facts:
If you’re on Twitter check out #MSWL for a list of what editors and agents are looking for right now.