Our first trip to Butchart Gardens in Victoria, BC was on the first weekend in December and decorated in all its traditional Christmas glory. We arrived around 10 am and pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. We missed out on seeing the legendary Christmas lights but now we have an excuse to go back!
A bit behind on the Xmas pics but this one I had to post of my fuzzy kids. Oreo doesn’t like the area rug so she tip-toed over to us using the wrapping paper. Gimli opens his own gifts and is enjoying chewing on his new Yeti.
Good morning everyone! I was browsing through #MSWL on Twitter and there are a lot of agent requests going on. Head on over to see what’s up!
I will be making my son these cheesecake bars. They might not make it to him in one piece!
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packets cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put 1 cup of the mixture aside for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into an 8x8x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Thoroughly beat in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread over the baked crust and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 16 squares; serve.
Happy Canada Day everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Here’s a great YouTube link showing Kamloops awesome fireworks show. Enjoy! Psst… the last 2 minutes were the BEST!